Thursday, September 24, 2015

Fiestas Patrias

I don’t really know what make us Chileans. I think it could be the fact of being born in Chile, to speak in the particular way we speak or at least to understand when others do, to be raised surrounded by all the other Chilean people and things. 

I usually celebrate the 18th with my family and friends. I eat meat and drink terremotos and just hang with the people I love. This year I played lota with my parent´s friends and went to the ramadas with my friends. I eat a lot with all mi family to.


I don´t have a good memory and I usually do the same things for Fiestas Patrias every year, but I know I have a great time every 18th. I don´t tend to do traditional activities in this time. In fact I´m not really sure which ones are the traditional activities for this time. The things that are traditional to me are to spend time with my family and friends, go to the ramadas, to eat empanadas and drink terremotos.


Last week, during Fiestas Patrias, my father told me that people complained about everything, if they do Chilean rodeo people protest for animal abuse, if they don´t do Chilean rodeo people say we don´t respect our traditions. I think there is an abuse of the animals in Chilean rodeo, and an abuse shouldn’t be considered a tradition. Traditions can change if people do it too.

8 comments:

  1. I think, maybe in general, the definition for "Chilean" is eat and drink a lot this days, and of curse, spend time with our families and friends. Cheers !

    pd: rodeo is not bad, is very bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate you, your post make me feel hungry :( But... I totally agree with the pics :D I ate pasties and I drunk terremotos and that's the best lovely part of my Fiestas Patrias <3
    In other hand, I agree with you opinion about rodeo, it's an abuse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post made me feel really hungry, again ahahaa. Look at those terremotos!! And down with the rodeo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those terremetos looks great! Every year I celebrate just like you: friends, family and a lot of food hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the best of the celebrations is the food and Terremotos. I celebrate with my friends and my family too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that traditions can't be an excuse for animal abuse

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you! an abuse shouldn’t be considered a tradition and the Chilean rodeo is an abuse of the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No more rodeo U.u poor animals T.T

    ReplyDelete